The Florida Keys
Paradise Awaits Your Lifestyle
The Florida Keys are a chain of islands located off the southern coast of Florida. In addition to Key West, which is the most well-known island in the Keys, there are many other beautiful and interesting islands to explore.
Some of the other popular islands in the Florida Keys include:
- Key Largo: This island is known for its excellent diving and snorkeling opportunities, with a number of underwater parks and shipwrecks to explore. There are also plenty of beaches, parks, and wildlife refuges on Key Largo.
- Islamorada: This island is often called the “Sport Fishing Capital of the World,” and is a popular destination for anglers. There are also plenty of opportunities for kayaking, paddleboarding, and snorkeling on Islamorada.
- Marathon: This island is a great place to go for a more relaxed, family-friendly vacation. There are plenty of beaches and parks to explore, as well as a turtle hospital and dolphin research center.
- Big Pine Key: This island is known for its unique and endangered wildlife, including the tiny Key deer and the American crocodile. There are also plenty of opportunities for kayaking and snorkeling in the waters surrounding Big Pine Key.
Overall, the Florida Keys are a beautiful and diverse destination, with something for everyone to enjoy. Whether you’re looking for adventure, relaxation, or wildlife viewing, you’re sure to find it in the Florida Keys.
Buying a house in the Florida Keys can be a great investment, as the islands are known for their natural beauty, warm weather, and recreational opportunities. However, it’s important to keep a few things in mind if you’re considering purchasing property in the Keys:
- Location: The Florida Keys are made up of many different islands, each with its own unique character and attractions. Before buying a house, it’s important to research the different islands and neighborhoods to find the one that best fits your needs and lifestyle.
- Budget: Real estate in the Florida Keys can be expensive, particularly in the more desirable areas. Make sure you have a clear budget in mind before you start shopping for a house, and be prepared for the possibility of having to compromise on certain features or locations to stay within your budget.
- Hurricane Preparedness: The Florida Keys are prone to hurricanes, so it’s important to make sure any house you’re considering purchasing is built to withstand high winds and storm surge. You may also want to consider purchasing hurricane insurance and keeping an emergency preparedness kit on hand.
- Property Taxes and Homeowners Association Fees: Property taxes and homeowners association fees can be high in the Florida Keys, particularly in more upscale communities. Make sure you factor these costs into your budget when considering how much house you can afford.
- Work with a Local Real Estate Agent such as Dawn McComish as they are truly experts of the keys. Dawn is a local real estate agent who is familiar with the unique market conditions in the Florida Keys and can help you navigate the buying process, identify properties that meet your criteria, and negotiate a fair price.
Contact Dawn McComish
Whether you are looking to buy or sell a home, Dawn delivers service beyond comparison and she works closely with each of her clients to find their desired property in the best possible location; while securing the best deal for their investment. When listing a property for sale, Dawn utilizes an unmatched marketing strategy to ensure each client gets paid top dollar.